Search This Blog

Sania Mirza: Forget past and move forward

>> Sunday, January 17, 2010

NEW DELHI: Ever aback her advance year in 2005, applause and criticism accept been aggregate on Sania Mirza in according admeasurement but the tennis ace has learnt to booty both in her stride and move forward. Sania has distinct handedly put India on the map of women's tennis world. And already afresh she would be India's abandoned claiming in the singles aback the Australian Accessible begins on Monday. Yet, aback her accomplishment at Grand Slams is discussed, it becomes a bulk of debate.

The abrasive Hyderabadi says she has consistently accustomed it her all whenever she has stepped on the cloister and instead of black on the not so acceptable results, she prefers to move ahead. "The actuality that I accept already competed in 18 Grand Slams aback my admission is affidavit abundant for me, personally, that I am not a one division wonder. I accept already won 20 singles matches in Grand Slams at the able akin and wins are not accessible to appear by at that level. A amateur has to accumulate affective on. We cannot allow to bethink and feel dejected," she said in an interview.

Sania additionally her ache for success is far from apathetic but actual in the top-100 is no beggarly achievement. "One consistently aspires for added than what one achieves. But any able tennis player, who has survived in the top-100 of the apple for bristles after years will accede that one needs a fair bulk of bendability to accomplish that," she said.

Sania has apparent that on her day she can exhausted any player, yet victories adjoin top ranked players accept been alone a few. Recently Sania was quoted as adage in a address that admittance of the alloyed doubles accident for the 2012 Olympics has put to arrest her retirement plans. On actuality asked about that, she antiseptic that she has no actual affairs to abdicate game. "I said that in banter added than annihilation else! I haven't anticipation of retirement yet but aback I stop adequate the bold or aback injuries force me, I will quit," she said. Talking about her after-effects adjoin top players like Russia's Ana Chakvetadze and Italian Flavia Pennetta, she comes up with an absorbing explanation.

"As a bulk of fact, my head-to-head almanac with Flavia Pennetta is 2 wins out of 6 matches that we've played adjoin anniversary added and that isn't too bad adjoin addition who has consistently been in the top-15 of the world."

"As for Anna Chakvetadze, who has been ranked as aerial as cardinal six in the world, I apperceive I've absent four matches adjoin her in my career. However, the actuality is that admitting assault me consistently, she is still ranked beneath me today!" Sania said. "Tennis is a funny bold and it takes a life-time of befitting one's eyes accessible on the ambit to accept any adventitious of compassionate the aberrant phenomena that abide in our agitative sport!" she added. Taking a dig at the critics, who generally say she could accept done better, Sania said she has absolutely exceeded the expectations of the experts.

"I admiration what the accreditation of these bodies are, who you say, accept fabricated such across-the-board statements but I am beholden to them for accepting so abundant acceptance in my talent! "One of the best admired coaches of the world, Bob Brett, who formed with me in my inferior canicule told my dad way aback in 2004 that I had some aptitude but there were a accomplished lot of weaknesses in my game. "According to him, if I formed actual adamantine to affected those weaknesses, it was accessible that, at best, I could accomplish a baronial of 30 amid the pros. I accept managed to go accomplished that already and accomplished a career best singles baronial of 27 in the world," she said.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP